A wide range of treatment options and therapies are available to manage and treat chronic pain. A multidisciplinary approach that supports the individual needs of each patient will achieve the best possible outcome in relieving and managing chronic pain.
Use our secure RMS(Referral Managment System)
Direct Referral Information
- Non-spinal causes (vascular, neoplastic, gi) are excluded
- Clinical picture
- Off antiplatelet drugs – 10 days
- Off anti-Xa factor drugs – for 3 days
- Off warfarin – inr <1.3
- No infections
- After flu-like symptoms — should be well for at least 2 week
Low Back Pain Management Pathway- 3 steps
Step 1: RED FLAGS (rule out in history and examination)
- Cauda Equina Syndrome (bowel/ bladder dysfunction, saddle anesthesia)
- In case any Red flag present Refer to emergency care.
- Observe for symptoms and signs as following:
(Fear avoidance, feel unsafe, worrying thoughts, hopelessness, helplessness, depressed or anxious).
- If present go to step 3.
Step 2: Absence of above symptoms or signs
- Medications + Self-Management with an ongoing evaluation if unresponsive in two weeks go to step 3.
Step 3: Presence of the above symptoms and signs
- Refer to Pain Management Service which includes pain medicine, physiotherapy based rehabilitation and psychology.
(01) 293 7177
Suite 32, The Mall Beacon Court Sandyford Dublin 18